Absolutely anyone can use The Wardrobe, even without being a member but we do have a membership scheme in place to make life a little easier when it comes to hiring large amounts of costumes in one go.
If you are from a school, theatre, youth group, are a freelance designer, or from any other organisation that might hire lots of costumes read on to see how becoming a Wardrobe member will benefit you.
Membership costs £50.00 annually if you are based within Surrey, £70.00 anually outside the county, and entitles you to the following benefits:
- Two membership cards
- 15% off all hire charges
- No deposit fees
- Invoice payment options rather than having to pay on collection (on amounts over £25.00)
- One 7 day borrow period for fitting or rehearsal purposes per hire/production
- Eligible for additional and extended “borrow” weeks for fitting purposes (fees apply)
- No minimum spend per hire
- Discounted rates for workshops and events
- Receive information and special offers first
How to join
- Download a copy of the membership application form or collect a copy from the Wardrobe. Complete all appropriate sections of the form. We need to have a main contact who normally takes responsibility for any costumes hired and a finance contact that will be responsible for paying invoices that are raised centrally by Surrey County Council. If these are the same person please specify this clearly on the form.
- Please read the terms and conditions of the membership scheme. Also, Read the general Wardrobe terms and conditions of hire.
- Sign to say you agree with all of the terms and conditions.
Becoming a member of the Wardrobe requires being set up as an official Surrey County Council customer. If you are joining on behalf of a group, company or institution please provide proof that you are authorised to do so. This could be an email, letter on headed paper or suitable identification that designates that you are eligible to set up membership.
- Bring your completed form in person or contact the Wardrobe to make other arrangements.
- Payment for membership can be made by cash, cheque or card. Please make cheques payable to: Surrey County Council.
Payment for membership must be received by staff before items are hired using the benefits of the scheme.
Membership benefits last for 12 calendar months. You will be sent an email to inform you that your membership is up for renewal approximately one month before your renewal date. If you renew your membership within a set period of time as specified on your renewal notification email then you will received a £5.00 discount on your next year’s membership. Payment for membership renewal can be made by cash, cheque card or invoice. Membership that has lapsed can be renewed at any time on payment of the full membership fee.
Membership cards must be presented at the Wardrobe in order to get the benefits of membership. This is to prevent unauthorised use of your membership benefits and you being invoiced for costumes you haven’t authorised.
Replacement membership cards can be purchased for £5.00.